Was snowed in today so I got to play with my hexapod all day 🙂 I’ve changed the way I move the servos. The code now moves the servos in little steps. Makes the hexapod walk a lot smoother. I’ve added a second micro controller, an ATmega328 with a wireless nRF24L01 module.
I have quite a bit of experience with these modules so I just copied some code from my other robots. The ATmega328 receives a struct from my remote control via 2 nRF24L01 modules. That struct is then sent over serial to the Arduino Mega 2560 that controls the 18 servos. So Bajdupod 996R is now remote controlled and can walk pretty smooth.
I still want to improve my code, now I use a for loop and the delay function to move the servos. I want to replace the delay function with code that uses the millis timer. But that will take some time as it’s quite hard. Still I’m happy with the progress I made today.